Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hiking the Y


This week is Spring Break (for me only) so Sean and I decided to hit the mountain side this morning. As many of you know, the great Y hike is one of the popular activities here in Provo. I wanted fresh air and Sean... well, he wanted to be with me. Actually, it was his idea.

There was only one other car in the parking lot at 10:00am and the sun was just reaching the side of the mountain. We were prepared with a first aide kit, water, extra food, and a camera. It has been since September 2009 since we have both hiked the Y so it was slow going. But with frequent water stops (I know, stopping on the Y? unheard of... ) and photo opts, we made it to the top. Well, bottom of the Y.

The sun was completely up and putting its warm rays on us. Snow was still on the ground and ice made it a little tricky coming down. We finished the afternoon with lunch at Rocky Mountain Drive-Thru and eating it at a local park.

No comments:

Post a Comment