Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hinckley-athon

The weekend of the Anne and Josh's Washington Open House was finally here along with David's farewell talk. To keep things packed and altogether, Dan helped organize a family activity as to not "waste time." Thus the HINCKLEY-ATHON was born. Friday came early with a french toast breakfast and yummy sides. The plan here was to participate in several events, tally points, and see who was the greatest Hinckley of them all. Here is the list of the events:

1. Golf: longest hit
2. Golf: most accurate
3. Golf: hole in one
4. Frisbee: longest throw
5. Frisbee: most accurate
6. Frisbee: hole in one
7. Shoot range (total of three shots)
8. Rope climb

Now, our family has never done this sort of thing but it is never too late to start. Josh, Anne, and Sean helped organize as well. I mean, now is the time to start new traditions:)



The weather was great for the Hinckley-athon. The whole clang went to Kawais Park and did events #1-6. It was great to see certain individuals try and use a golf club (use your imaginations). I must say the frisbee is more in the Hinckley blood line. Dan was clearly the best at the frisbee throw but I was right behind him.



After having a hoot at the park and catching attention of many bystanders we all headed home for the shooting and rope climb. The shooting event was with a BB gun. Now, the rope climbing event was a little crazy. I went first but I tried without good traction shoes so my first attempt was a pathetic try. Too bad it was not caught on camera. Everyone was thinking that David or Jeff was going to take the title for the rope. But out of nowhere (;) ) Dan climbed the rope under 7 seconds. Not without injury though. Bloody hands are always worth a prize.

WAIT! There was not prize. The parental units were in charge of first prize and last prize but nothing came of it. I guess there is next year!

PS. David was the winner. Dang it!

No comments:

Post a Comment